17 August 2011

Adventures in Writing

Mood: Happy - my sister's baby is perfectly healthy (there was some concern) and a BOY! We will be welcoming my new little nephew sometime toward the end of October. 

This is how my writer's brain has been feeling lately:

funny pictures - Too manee shinees fur my brain to handul!I've had tons of shiny new ideas running around in my head - each trying to claw their way out into the real world. Some good and some, well, remember that Eyes Wide Shut* was once someone's idea. *sigh*

And then there's my completed manuscript that I've tucked away for a while. I've come to realize that it doesn't just need edits, it needs a massive rewrite. *sighs louder* I still love the story and I'm crazy about my characters but I think it needs to rest a while longer before I start picking it apart again.

So, while I'm constantly writing, plotting, outlining and researching it seems like I'm spinning my wheels in mud and going nowhere fast.

I did start work on a new project last night that has me really excited so hopefully I'll soon break free of the mud. If not, someone feel free to give me a push. **


*That? Was a truly awful movie. I still want my 2 hours back. And Tom Cruise? No. Just NO! 
**and if the push is in the direction of cake? That would be made of awesome. 

Photobucket


2 comments:

  1. Hope it is going well, and the characters have taken over to write it for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! They seem a bit reluctant to take over - I suspect they're just as lazy as I am. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They're like cake without the carbs.