11 March 2011

The Friday Five

Mood: Weary (the earth has gone crazy today - praying for everyone affected)

It's Friday so it's time for the Friday Five - Five random things that are knocking about in the recesses of my brain.

1.) The earth has gone completely crazy today. Earthquakes and tsunamis affecting people all over the globe. I pray for the people affected and give thanks that my brother, who was stationed in Japan, is safe and sound at home.

Those of us who are safe and sound may want to consider making a donation to the Red Cross to help assist in the disaster relief efforts following this massive event.

From the Red Cross Website:
Those who want to help can go to www.redcross.org  and donate to Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami. People can also text REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation to help those affected by the earthquake in Japan and tsunami throughout the Pacific.

2.) My sister drives a 1980 - something Chevy Blazer that we affectionately refer to as "The Geez". The Geez has a zillion miles on it, sounds like a Sherman Tank and drives like a little old lady with arthritis - but it's her baby. For Christmas the hubs and I got her an emergency roadside assistance kit because we were worried about her driving The Geez and not having proper emergency tools.

This morning my 2006 Ford Fusion with less than 60,000 miles refused to start. I had to call my sister to bring The Geez to come rescue me. She cracked open her brand new roadside assistance kit for the first time to attempt to help me with my car. The irony of this is not lost on me.

3.) My car still won't start. I'm sincerely hoping that it's a dead cell in the battery - if not then it's probably the starter. The battery is roughly $100 - the starter? $400 (installed). It has to be the battery. *Gives car the stink eye*

4.) Nearly everyone in my family who has a car has been involved in a car accident in the last couple of weeks. From minor fender benders to a fairly serious car vs. semi truck accident everyone walked away without a scratch. I can't decide if this means we should play the lottery or wrap ourselves in bubble wrap.

5.) I like bacon!! This is a seriously epic announcement because my entire life I've loathed bacon with a loathing that is usually reserved for things like liver and other icky organ meat. However, recently I've come to embrace the yummy goodness that is a perfectly crisp piece of bacon.

I suspect this change of palate is due, at least in part, to a rare but acknowledged side effect of one of my medications - "change in taste". So chances are if I go off this medication bacon will once again be banished to the land of liver but until then? Bring.it.on. #nomomnom
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. They're like cake without the carbs.