27 January 2009

While I Was Out...

Mood: Stressed (Back at work after two weeks of jury duty and my 'to do' list is so long that I actually miss being crammed into a tiny, freezing jury room).

What I'm listening to: Black Velvet (This song always makes me wish I had a stripper pole)

Obviously it's been a few days since my last blog entry. This is mostly owing to the fact that I was performing my civic duty but now I'm back in the land of the living and hopefully my name will get pushed down to the bottom of the jury pool, never again to see the light of day!

What I missed while I was in jury land (that magical place of tepid water, freezing rooms, drafty windows, uncomfortable chairs and cranky lawyers):

1. The Presidential Inauguration: We have a new president!!! I tried to set our DVD recorder to record the festivities whilst I was stuck trying to decide if person A had stolen (with intent to deprive permanently) $1200 from person B (he did). Unfortunately, in the myriad of boxes, remotes, channels and buttons I managed to record 3 uninterrupted hours of static with only the vaguest hint of what might have been the audio feed. *sigh* Obviously President Obama is not going to be appointing me as chief button pusher at NASA anytime soon.

2. The Cold Snap: Exactly how cold is it when it's - 50° (with wind chill... - 28° ambient air)?? Does it really matter? Isn't like of like trying to explain $1 trillion dollars?? It's just too big for the human mind to fully grasp. When the insides of my nostrils were burning, my eyes streaming tears and my hands rendered completely useless after a mere 3 minutes of being outside, I knew it was bad; but, when I left the courthouse one afternoon and had to spend 10 minutes scraping the windows on the INSIDE of my car, I fully understood that -50° is FREAKING cold (and that living anywhere in Canada, Alaska or Minnesota will never be an option for my wimpy, freezing butt!).

3. Gov. Rod Blagojevich:

Obama Pictures and McCain Pictures
see Sarah Palin pictures

Really, need I say more on this subject??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. They're like cake without the carbs.