05 December 2009

WoooHooo! Another Award and Public Humiliation!!

Mood: Festive (spent the day decking the halls of the Cowsert household. Tree goes up tomorrow but everything else is up and Christmassy!)

What I'm Watching: White Christmas (honestly? Is there anything better than Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye singing about snow???)

Current Word Count: 9,615 (No time for writing yet today but planning to get at it after the blogging is done!)

Once again, Carol over at Carol's Prints has seen fit to honor me with another blogging award. This time, it's the The Honest Scrap award! (I tried to tell her that my ego was going to end up as big as my oversized ass but that doesn't mean that I'm not going to be totally excited and add the award to my virtual mantle place here on my blog!!!)



As usual, there are requirements to the acceptance of this award. So, I have to:

1. Mention the award giver and link to his/her blog. (done...seriously, check out Carol's blog. She's amazing!)

2. Compile a list of 10 blogs I think deserve the award and let their bloggers know (so, here we go...)
  • Jamie over at Totally The Bomb. She's an amazingly funny, interesting blogger/writer type person who occasionally gets dragged into drama with b list celebs! You should totally check her out! But remember to watch out for the big yellow chicken! :)
  • Natalie over at The Sound of Rain. She's a student and a writer and her blog is filled with all kinds of useful writerly type musings, the occasional history lesson and recently some fun speculation on Team Edward vs. Team Jacob. Seriously, you should totally check her out!!!
  • Harley May at her Live Journal blog. She's amazing, funny and seriously? How can you not be completely addicted to someone who talks about beer soaked diapers and tackling uber PTA moms on the same page in her blog!?! If you haven't checked her out, you totally need to. Now. Do it!
  • Shannon Messenger at Ramblings of a Wannabe Scribe. It's not just her epic Twilight contest or the fact that she often includes fun pictures with  her posts (the ninja armadillos alone are worth the trip over to her corner of the interwebs!), but she's a genuinely funny blogger who has promised to share a humiliating game show moment with the word when she's a published author!! I love it! :)
  • Courtney Reese over at Work In Progress. I recently discovered her blog and I'm hooked! She explores the craft of her writing with honesty and great insight! She also shares my tendency to get sucked into all things internet and procrastinate on her writing...it's nice to know I'm not the only one! So totally go check her out...if for nothing else than her blog layout and background is totally wicked cool.
(Okay, I know that's only 5 bloggers but my brain is fried right now so will have to add others later.)
3. Make a list of ten random facts about myself  (Since this is the 'Honest Scrap Award', I'm guessing they don't mean things like my favorite color so I'll have to think of some interesting stuff here...)
  • I have an overly developed sense of intuition. I can often sense other people's feelings and the feelings contained in buildings, rooms and other places. My husband thinks this ability is cool. I think it's freakishly weird.
  • I can tell whether a pregnant woman is going to have a boy or a girl. There's actually a bit of a glow about the eyes that's different between boy/girl pregnancies. My grandfather had the same ability. Again, I think it's freakishly weird
  • Lots of kids are afraid of monsters in the closet or under the bed...I was afraid of the Tidy Bowl Man. I was terrified to flush the toilet because I thought the TBM would come up when I did and drag me back down the toilet with him. So, I would stand as far outside the bathroom as I could, reach around the corner, flush and then run down the hallway away from the bathroom as fast as I could.
  • I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks. They totally suck!
  • I'm totally weirded out by dry textures. Flour, dirt, even that cotton batting stuff they use for stuffing in a quilt. *shudder* I just can't deal with touching it. It's like fingernails across a chalkboard!
  • My husband calls me the grammar nazi. I've been known to actually correct the grammar on posted signs in places of business. It's a sickness but I cannot stand to see a sign proclaiming that the merchant "cannot except checks" or that "you're computer problems can be solved". Really people? Did no one make it through first grade English class?
  • I do not suffer fools gladly and have no tolerance for stupid (people who could/should know better but don't bother to exercise common sense) or lazy people.
  • I'm fascinated by people and what makes them tick. I'm especially fascinated with the criminal mind.

  • People, even total strangers, feel compelled to tell me things about themselves that are extremely personal. I don't know what I do to encourage this type of confessional but I've come to accept it.
  • I have a lot of fears. Heights, flying, public speaking, bugs, spiders, etc.
There you have it folks. Ten things about me that I can only share because no one who actually reads this is likely to run into me in person. I hope.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. First of all, big congrats on the word count! Makin some progress, lady!

    As to your list--so nice to learn more bout you. I find it funny how you react to dry stuff. Since my last daughter was born, I've had an insane fascination to chew and touch gritty things. Like, I like to chew graham cracker crumbs and I like to clean the bathtub with comet. It's weird. And as for the feeling thing...oh my gosh, that is soooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the award and the word count!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thank you SO much for thinking of me for the award and giving me such a glowing recommendation. *blushes* You really are WAY too kind. And I loved your list of honest things--I'm still smiling about the Tidy Bowl man! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much everyone! I was MIA from blog land yesterday but these kind words are a great way to start a Monday morning!

    @Carol: Girl, you made me shudder just by mentioning comet cleanser...there's just no word to describe how grossed out I am by that...have had to rub my hands on my jeans several times now as though I'd actually put my hands into the cleanser instead of just reading about it! YUCK!

    @Lisa and Laura: Thanks so much!! :)

    @Shannon: The award is the "honest scrap" award so I wouldn't say those nice things if you didn't deserve them! :) I have to admit...on a list of childish fears, I doubt many people count the tidy bowl man! Even as a child I was "different" and, of course, by "different" I mean plain old weird!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They're like cake without the carbs.