11 November 2009

Expect the Unexpected

Mood: Inspired (my muse seems to have decided that my cold germs have officially left town and so she's speaking to me once again)

What I'm Watching: Ghost Hunters Academy (Ghosts rock. People who hunt ghosts rock. People being trained to hunt ghosts? Seem to be a bit wussy but we'll see)

Current Word Count: 9,602 (I know...the same as the last time. But, I've been working on plot points and character expansion by hand. That's right. When I plot, I go all old school with a pen and paper).

The hubs and I were sitting on the sofa tonight, eating KFC right out of the box in the manner of two lazy, tired, thirty-somethings with no kids and therefore no worries about setting a good example for anyone when one of the hubs many computers turned itself on. Now, we're not talking about bringing itself out of a sleep state or the hard drive spinning up...nope. This computer was completely powered off and it powered itself on.

A hint that we may have lived a little too long in a haunted place? Neither one of us jumped up or freaked out. Scott? Stopped chewing for half a nano-second and shrugged. Me? I was just frustrated and told "Bob" (our ghost) that if he was capable of physically turning on a computer, he could also be capable of doing some housework around here. I mean really, is there any reason for me to come home to a sink full of dirty dishes if he's here all day not really doing anything constructive? I didn't think so!

On a more serious note...

On the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month in the year 1918, the guns of WWI fell silent. The "war to end all wars" was over & Nov. 11 became known as Armistice Day, a day when we could celebrate the sacrifices of those who had fought during WWI. Eventually "Armistice Day" gave way to "Veteran's Day". So, on this, the ...11th day of the 11th month, take some time to give thanks to those who keep us free.

funny pictures


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you had me laughing. I agree, he should be doing housework.

    And here in Canada it's called Remembrance Day. For weeks before (and today) we wear poppy pins to show that we remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, what's the point of a stupid ghost of he won't help out a little. But lucky you! I have nothing cool like that a ghost in my house, only several dust bunnies that laugh in my face, calling me a horrible housekeeper.

    And congratulations on the return of your muse! Every time mine departs, I swear to myself that I'm done with her, but when she returns, I drop to my knees and praise her for finding her way back to pathetic old me. Let's hope yours sticks around a while.

    On a more serious note, thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They're like cake without the carbs.