10 April 2009

Adventures in Cleaning (or why better vision is highly overrated)

Mood: Tired (hate mornings, must kill mornings! ) but Happy (It's Friday!!!)

What I'm Watching: Celebrity Crises and Mental Disorders (Suddenly I feel a LOT more normal in my own insanity!)

After much anticipation and waiting, I finally got my new glasses. Yay. They're super cute, I can finally see without strain or headaches, and the damn things have to go back!! Why? Because now I can see all the dust, dirt and grime in my home that I'd previously been blissfully unaware of because I couldn't see it. Now that I can see it, I feel compelled to do something about it.

I came home yesterday afternoon and noticed that, despite regular mopping, our bathroom floor was NASTY. So, I decided that I would get on my hands and knees and scrub the floor. It's a small bathroom so I didn't figure it would take me that long. As usual, I was wrong. So very wrong.

I started scrubbing (immediately realizing that my knees are NOT as young as they used to be) and while I was scrubbing the floor I realized that the base of the toilet was also pretty grimy so I scrubbed that as well. While scrubbing the base of the toilet, I realized that the baseboards and lower cabinet doors were also pretty icky, so I started scrubbing those as well.

By the time I was done I'd managed to scrub every inch of the bathroom (including 15 minutes spent trying to scrub away what was ultimately a part of the pattern in the tile on the bathroom floor...I'd never been able to see it before so I thought it was dirt), I was exhausted, frustrated and headed to the kitchen because I was ready for a cold drink.

Reaching into the cupboard for a glass, I noticed that my kitchen cabinet doors could use a good scrubbing as well. *Sigh* Obviously the glasses need to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. They're like cake without the carbs.